Almond Pavlovas to Love!
Looking for a super simple dessert to whip up with minimal ingredients you likely have on hand, my friends?! Let's make Almond Pavlovas to Love!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1 teaspoon white sparkling sugar
- fresh raspberries
- sweetened whipped cream
- mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and use a sharpie to draw four 4-inch diameter heart outlines, with space between. Flip paper over and place on baking sheet.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating to fully incorporate sugar between additions until mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Spoon pavlova batter into decorator bag fitted with large star tip and pipe heart-shaped pavlovas using the heart outlines as a guide.
- Sprinkle pavlovas with sliced almonds and sparkling sugar and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven, and let pavlovas rest for 1 hour with oven door shut.
- Cool pavlovas completely. Then top with sweetened whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.