Pop this Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Potato Salad in a picnic to enjoy sometime soon, my friends!
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook just until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Transfer to colander in sink and let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and lemon juice until well mixed.
- Toss cooled potatoes in dressing and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add tomatoes, bacon, green onions, balsamic vinegar, and chopped butter lettuce* and stir together.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*You may want to chop lettuce and stir into salad just before serving so it doesn't get soggy.