Ever had a Blarney Stone? My beautiful mom has been making these super soft banana cake bars blanketed in mocha frosting and rolled in chopped peanuts for St. Patrick's Day for as long as I can remember.
Sure was fun to hop in the kitchen and replicate to share with you! I used a Norpro nonstick 12 mini cheesecake pan with removable bottoms for the banana cake which made assembly a breeze. *They are much easier to frost if they are frozen, so you may want to bake the banana cakes ahead of time and pop in the freezer. Happy baking!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold coffee
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 16 ounce jar of honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray Norpro nonstick 12 mini cheesecake pan with removable bottoms with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, bananas, eggs, oil and water with electric mixer at low to combine, then for 2 minutes to blend.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake for 14 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack, then pop cakes out, transfer to Ziploc baggie and freeze. (They are much easier to frost if they are frozen.)
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, cold coffee, whipping cream and salt until light and fluffy.
- Frost banana cakes with mocha frosting to cover, then roll in chopped peanuts.