Butter Rum Cake Bites
These super simple pretty-on-the-plate party-in-your-mouth cake bites make a great gift presented on a festive platter and wrapped in cellophane with a bow. The original rum cake recipe was shared with me by my Bluebird leader Karyl Viste many years ago. Thanks, Karyl.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring (I skip the 1/3 cup water here and add 1/3 cup rum instead.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 12 mini cheesecake pans with removable bottoms with baking spray with flour.
- Combine oil, eggs, 1/3 cup rum, 2/3 cup water and yellow cake mix in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans 2/3 full, making sure not to overfill.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, just until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- While cakes are baking, make the butter rum syrup~ combine butter and sugar in saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add rum or rum flavoring.
- While cakes are still warm, pour syrup over.
- Let sit for 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pan.