Butternut Squash Street Tacos
Butternut squash tossed in olive oil, chili powder and salt and roasted on a sheet pan in the oven while you whip up the Jicama Red Pepper Slaw, stir together the Chipotle Lime Crema and flash fry the street taco shells...it's the perfect party plan for Cinco de Mayo celebrations, my friends. Let's GO!
- 20 ounce package fresh butternut squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 ounce package angel hair cabbage
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced jicama
- 1 package street taco shells
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from chipotles in adobo)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- dash of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butternut squash, olive oil, 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and toss to combine.
- Transfer seasoned butternut squash to rimmed baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, milk, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Toss dressing with angel hair cabbage, diced red bell pepper and jicama until thoroughly combined.
- Stir together adobo sauce, lime juice and sour cream.
- Flash fry street taco shells in a bit of oil heated in a sauté pan just to soften. Transfer to paper towels and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Top each flash fried street taco shell with roasted butternut squash and Jicama Red Pepper Slaw.
- Drizzle Chipotle Lime Crema on top and garnish with lime wedges.