Pineapple Pina Colada Pops
Serving up three easy ways to beat the heat, my friends.
First~ whip up these Pineapple Pina Colada Pops!
Then, linger in front of the freezer as you're popping them in to chill. And finally, mix up a spritzer for yourself with the leftover pineapple-infused Malibu rum and a splash of club soda.
Cheers to keeping cool.
- 1 ripe pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into spears
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut (beverage aisle)
- 2 cups Malibu rum
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 4 ounce package Mauna Loa dry roasted Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Sprinkle coconut on baking sheet and toast at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until lightly toasted, watching carefully so it does not overbrown.
- Arrange pineapple spears in a glass container and pour Malibu rum over to cover.
- Let pineapple spears soak for a few hours.
- Remove pineapple spears from rum and skewer with wooden skewer.
- Arrange pineapple spears on a platter.
- Drizzle with cream of coconut.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Freeze until set.