Salted Caramel Apple Dutch Babies
When you're craving sweet and salty breakfast comfort food, nothing tastes better than these Salted Caramel Apple Dutch Babies, my friends.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in two small cast iron skillets.
- Add half of the sliced apples to each skillet and sauté briefly until lightly browned on edges.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine milk, eggs, melted butter, flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt and vanilla in blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour half of the batter into each skillet of sautéed apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until puffed and edges are nicely browned.
- While Dutch babies are baking, make salted caramel sauce~ Melt 1/2 cup sugar in large shallow sauté pan over medium heat, whisking constantly to ensure even melting.
- Add butter a bit at a time and whisk to incorporate.
- Add heavy whipping cream and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, whisking until smooth.
- Drizzle warm salted caramel sauce over Dutch babies, and enjoy!