Scampi Brochettes Salad
Can't stop making (and eating!) this Scampi Brochettes Salad inspired by the lovely dinner we enjoyed at Le Chalet Grill in Brussels, Belgium on our European vacation...aww, such fond memories.
I could hardly wait to get back into the kitchen upon arriving home sweet home to try replicating them. Presenting this impressive all-in-one entree salad is as easy as blending the hollandaise and lightly dressing the butter lettuce while the scampi brochettes are grilling. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I have. I've been making it on repeat since we got home!
- 2 pound bag frozen EZ peel Jumbo shrimp
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag butter lettuce
- 1/4 lemon olive oil for dressing lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 recipe Blender Hollandaise sauce (here on my site)
- Bertolli balsamic glaze
- Thaw shrimp in a collander in the sink under cold running water.
- Peel shrimp by grasping both sides of the split shell and pulling off.
- Arrange thawed shrimp in a shallow baking dish.
- Preheat barbecue grill to 350 degrees.
- Stir together lemon juice, garlic, lemon olive oil, white wine, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over shrimp to marinade briefly.
- Thread shrimp and cherry tomatoes on metal skewers.
- Grill on brochettes on preheated grill until shrimp are opaque, then turn and grill other sides until opaque.
- Toss butter lettuce with lemon olive oil.
- Divide dressed lettuce among 4 dinner plates, and arrange cucumber slices, sliced scallions and lemon slices on salads.
- Top dressed lettuce with Scampi Brochettes.
- Drizzle Blender Hollandaise over salad and drizzle Bertolli balsamic over Scampi Brochettes.