What's to LOVE about this week's featured fast.fresh.fabulous recipe~ Seared Tenderloin atop Smashed Baby Reds with Shallot-Laced Sauteed Mushrooms drizzled with Blender Bearnaise?! Where do I start? ~The fact that almost all components can be prepped ahead and popped in the fridge, then rewarmed just before assembling and serving. ~ The elegant presentation of an all in one meat-and-potato entree served in a stemmed martini glass. ~ The velvety smooth deliciousness of Blender Bearnaise being drizzled over it all! I could go on and on... SAVE this one and plan to impress your special someone for a Valentine's Day dinner soon.
Smashed Baby Reds~
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook baby red potatoes until their skins break, about 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from heat, drain and let cool slightly.
- Transfer cooked baby red potatoes to a mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon butter, Roquefort cheese, cream and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Smash potatoes with a fork and stir to thoroughly mix. (Can be made ahead, refrigerated, and rewarmed briefly in the microwave just before assembling and serving.)
Shallot-laced Sautéed Mushrooms~
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and let melt. Add garlic and 2 minced shallots and sauté until softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté briefly. (Can be made ahead, refrigerated, and rewarmed briefly in the microwave just before assembling and serving.)
Blender Bearnaise Sauce~
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine white wine, vinegar, tarragon and 1 tablespoon shallots, minced.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine shallot reduction, egg yolks and 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt. Blend.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter. Stream hot melted butter through top opening of blender (shielding opening with a paper towel), gradually.
- Blend until thickened. Blend this up at the last minute and serve warm. Or make ahead, cover and refrigerate. Stir and rewarm briefly in microwave before drizzling.
- Season both sides of both steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in sauté pan over medium high heat until hot.
- Sear seasoned steaks for four minutes, then turn and sear other side of steaks for an additional four minutes. Remove seared steaks and let rest. Cover with tented foil to keep warm.
- Scoop Smashed Baby Reds into large martini glasses (make sure they are heat resistant.)
- Slice Seared Tenderloin into thin bite-sized pieces and arrange on top of potatoes.
- Top with Shallot-Laced Sauteed Mushrooms.
- Drizzle with Blender Bearnaise.
- Garnish with Roquefort wedges and tarragon sprigs.