Seven Layer Salad Love
Can't wait for you to take a bite of this sensational SEVEN LAYER SALAD, my friends! Still swooning over the crunchy deliciousness covered with creamy tangy dressing and topped with candied bacon, cashews and fresh dill sprigs. YUM!
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup grated dill havarti cheese
- candied cashews*
- 1/2 cup Best Foods real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Set out four medium sized glass jars for serving.
- Divide ingredients among jars, making layers from bottom to top of: lettuce/ peas/ bell pepper/ water chestnuts and scallions.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spread a layer of dressing over each layered salad.
- Top with grated cheese, bacon bits and candied cashews. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.