Strawberry Shortcut Shortcakes
Keeping it short and sweet with this week's featured fast.fresh.fabulous recipe STRAWBERRY SHORTCUT SHORTCAKES! Grab a Sara Lee Family size poundcake from the frozen foods section of your local market, a pint of fresh strawberries and some fresh mint, and let's GO, my friends!
- 1 Sara Lee family size poundcake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, dried and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Beat whipping cream with powdered sugar and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Slice poundcake into one-inch thick slices, then into smallish squares and transfer to individual serving plates. (You may want to do this a little bit ahead of time, so the pound cake has a chance to thaw a little.)
- Pipe almond whipped cream over pound cake squares, then arrange strawberry slices on top and garnish with a small sprig of fresh mint.